Have you ever tried something so delicious you can barely stand it This is one of those recipes. When you make this Recipe you’ll feel like you’ve died and gone to heaven.
This creamy bacon chicken recipe is a decadent and delicious dinner that’s easy enough for a weeknight and tasty enough for company. It’s ready in about 30 minutes!
I probably don’t have to sell you too hard, but chicken with bacon and cream is a great combo! Even my cream-loathing husband said it was really tasty. The chicken is pan-fried to a golden brown on the outside and when you bite into it, it melts in your mouth. And the bacon… well it makes everything even better. 😉To Make this Recipe You’ Will Need the following ingredients::
– Bacon: 6 strips (cut into small pieces)
– Chicken breasts: 2 large (cut in half lengthwise)
– Flour for dredging
– Garlic powder: 1/4 teaspoon
– Pepper to taste
– Chicken broth: 1/2 cup
– Lemon juice: 1/2 teaspoon
– Butter: 1 tablespoon
– Whipping cream: 1 cup (preferably heavy)
1. To begin with, cut the bacon up and add it to a skillet (you’d best use kitchen shears to make this job quick). Fry it over medium-high heat for 10 mins, or until crispy. After that, take it out of the pan and set it aside. Always remember to leave about 2 tablespoons of the bacon fat in the pan.
2. To prepare your chicken, you should cut it in half lengthwise so you have 4 smaller cutlets. And please sprinkle them with the garlic powder and pepper. Immediately coat them in the flour.
3. You’ll want to add the chicken to the skillet and cook it in the remaining bacon fat over medium-high heat until it’s golden, it takes around 4 to 5 minutes per side. I recommend you to reduce the heat if it starts to splatter a lot. Now that the chicken is browned, you need to take it out of the pan; put apart.
4. You can then add the chicken broth, lemon juice, and butter to the pan then let it bubble for 3-4 minutes, or until it’s reduced by half.
5. And please stir in the cream. Once it starts to bubble, you can add the chicken and bacon back into the pan and cook until the chicken is fully cooked through and the sauce has reduced to your liking, about 5 minutes more.