I love those recipes that we all grew up with, they are just too good to miss out on.Easy to do! This delicious bread would make a good party appetizer too — you could even make this in mini muffin pans. Of course, you a free to explore all of the many ways to serve this forbidden delight. Anyway, just make it and grab a slice for a quick lunch on the go!
To make this recipe, be aware that you can choose between the automatic program as well as the manual program. Of course, in order to better use the “kneading” program, it is advisable to use the kneading blade correctly throughout the recipe. To Make this Recipe You’ Will Need the following ingredients:
5 fl oz (15cl) of white wine
3 1/3 fl oz (10cl) olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 cup (250g) all purpose flour
1 teaspoon of baking powder (about 5g)
5 ounces (150g) grated swiss cheese or cheddar
1 large onion
3 1/2 ounces (100g) bacon
7 ounces (200g) city ham, already cooked — sold as “ready to serve”. Still on the bone, it’s better! If you don’t want to bring back the whole ham at home, ask your butcher to slice it off for you.
3 1/2 ounces (100g) black olives
3 1/2 ounces (100g) green olives
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
1. In a large bowl, whisk together the wine, oil, eggs and salt.
2. Separately, mix the flour and baking powder, sift and stir into the liquid preparation.
3. Chop the onion finely and melt in a skillet with a bit of olive oil (or butter).
4. Add the bacon to onions and cook for a few minutes then keep aside. Take care of draining the mixture to avoid a soggy dough. Olive, Bacon Cheese Bread
5. Slice the olives and parsley and cut the ham.
6. Add all ingredients and grated cheese to the basic preparation and mix.
7. Pour into a buttered loaf pan, 9 by 5 inches.
8. Bake in the oven for 1 hour at 360°F (180°C).