I have previously claimed that casseroles may not exist without cheese, but this ridiculously basic Asian-inspired recipe has gone and proven me wrong for good. There is no cream to be found, but it’s all as delicious and robust and soothing as you would have wished for a casserole to be.
Although this casserole has lots of spice, the list of ingredients is not at all unwieldy. Although it calls for you to make your own teriyaki sauce, it is only a matter of quickly simmering some soy sauce, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, ginger, and… much more. It also happens to be very low-fuss.
So this casserole has lots of spice, the list of ingredients is not at all unwieldy. Although it calls for you to produce your own teriyaki sauce!!!!
– 900 grams.Of frozen mixed vegetables.
– 700 grams.Of boneless chicken breasts.
– 3 C.Of brown rice, cooked.
– 1 C.Of canned pineapple chunks, drain it before using.
– 3/4 C.Of low sodium soy sauce.
– 1/2 C.Of water.
– 1/3 C.Of packed brown sugar.
– 2 Large sp.Of corn starch.
– 2 Large sp.Of water.
– 1 Large sp.Of honey.
– 3/4 small sp.Of ground ginger.
– 1 small sp.Of extra virgin olive oil.
– 1/2 small sp.Of minced garlic.
– Step 1. You need to adjust the temperature of the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
– Step 2. Combine the soya sauce with a half cup of water in a saucepan, then mix in the 1⁄2 cup of brown sugar, honey, ginger powder, olive oil, and minced garlic. Boil the mixture in the pot over a medium flame.
– Step 3. You need to put all ingredients to a simmer, over medium heat. After removing the lid from the pot, simmer, uncovered, for a minute.
– Step 4. When waiting for the sauce to get heated, I add corn starch with 2 tsp Of water to it to turn it into a slurry. When the sauce is boiling, incorporate the slurry and mix until it starts to thicken.
– Step 5. Enable the food to cook for an additional minute, and then remove it from the oven.
– Step 6. Placing the fresh chicken breasts flat in a 9.13-inch casserole dish allowed them to be evenly cooked throughout.
– Step 7. Pop the chicken into the oven for about thirty to thirty-five minutes. Take the dish from the oven and shred the meat with two forks. Combine the meat back with the cheese mix.
– Step 8. When cooking the chicken, it is recommended that you steam or boil your frozen vegetables.
– Step 9. When the shredded chicken, cut up vegetables with pineapple and rice have been combined with the casserole, then replace it. Use the remaining sauce to serve pieces, drizzling additional sauce on top.
– Step 10. Mix all ingredients in a casserole dish, then blend it thoroughly.
– Step 11. Re-heat the dish and bake for 15 minutes and finish in the oven. Bake for 5 minutes, then smother with sauce and eat.